Effective Date: 09/15/2019
Mount-It! has developed its brand over more than 13 years by investing considerable time and money bringing premium products at value pricing to United States customers. As such, Mount-It!, acting unilaterally to support its marketing plan and efforts, has established this Policy regarding market pricing for its office ergonomics and productivity, home entertainment, and commercial products.
2. Policy Communications
The Mount-It! products this Policy applies to (individually and collectively, “MAP Products”) include, but are not limited to, the products listed in the Pricing and Promotional Calendar(s) distributed to dealers by Mount-It! from time to time. SKUs eligible for this Policy will be assigned a minimum price listed in the Pricing and Promotional Calendar(s) (the “MAP Price”), regardless of whether that price is a promotional price or a non-promotional price. Any and all questions or requests for information regarding the application or interpretation of this MAP Policy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. This document is provided for information and reference only.
3. Applicable Activity
The Mount-It! MAP Policy applies to all advertisements of specific Mount-It! products in any and all forms, including, but not limited to, TV, print, radio, Internet, social media, e-mail, text messaging, flyers and brochures.
This Policy applies to all Mount-It! dealer accounts as well as any indirect, third party, authorized or unauthorized purchasers. Recipients of this Policy are responsible for ensuring compliance from their own accounts (e.g. dealers) and affiliated companies (individually and collectively “Third Parties”). A violation of this Policy by any Third Party will be deemed a violation by Recipient and will subject Recipient to the recourse schedule set forth in Section 4.
Advertising any MAP Product covered by this Policy below the minimum price listed in the Pricing and Promotional Calendar(s) distributed to dealers by Mount-It! from time to time will result in Mount-It! taking the following unilateral actions unless such violation is determined by Mount-It! to be an error or due to causes beyond the control of dealers:
|1st Violation||A formal warning letter sent to the dealer|
|2nd Violation||Withholding of any accrued marketing funds or trailing credits until the violation is remedied|
|3rd Violation||Mount-It! may de-authorize the dealer and refuse future orders|
- This Policy does not restrict, coerce or force a dealer to charge a particular price for any Mount-It! product.
- Each violation will be treated as separate.
- Advertising Price
- All advertising for Mount-It! MAP Products must clearly state a price equal to or greater than the MAP price.
- Failure to list a selling price on an Internet or print product page is a violation of this Policy.
- Netting of applicable discounts such as instant rebates or global promotions is allowed.
- Mount-It! specified model numbers must be shown when advertising prices or discounts.
- Statements or implications in any advertising covered by this Policy which could indicate that a lower price may be found in-store, in the online shopping cart or at the checkout stage of a website is a violation of this Policy. Examples of violations include, but are not limited to:
- Price lower in-store
- Click here for lower/better price
- Call/email for lower price
- Add to cart for lower price
- Add to cart for product details
Retailers may advertise a strike-through price which is above or equal to the Mount-It! MAP Price.
- Retailers are encouraged to offer bundles, delivery, financing and installation with Mount-It! products. All standard MAP Policy guidelines apply to these offers.
- If the value of the Services is not stated within the advertising, the advertising needs to show the MAP price for the Mount-It! product.
- Retailers may show the net price for bundled services.
- Customer specific targeted email offers with time-based promotions that include instant rebate offers may be used.
- Storewide or category events that involve all brands in any category may reference a “percent off,” cash equivalent premium or other value offer provided that discounts are applied consistently to all eligible products.
- Mount-It! may issue instant rebate or mail in rebate programs. Any advertisement for instant rebate must include the rebate amount and the wording “instant rebate” or “mail-In rebate.”
Mount-It! reserves the right to change or discontinue this Policy unilaterally at any time, with or without prior notice.