Do You Need An Articulating TV Wall Mount?
When it comes to mounting your television, there are several options to choose from. One of the most popular options is the articulating wall mount, which is designed to be highly adjustable and provide a wide range of viewing angles. But do you really need an articulating wall mount or will a fixed TV mount be enough? In this blog post, we'll take a closer look at the features and benefits of this type of mount, and help you decide if it's the right choice for your home.
What is an articulated wall mount for TV?
An articulating wall mount is a type of mount that attaches to the wall and allows the television to be adjusted to different viewing angles. This is achieved through the use of a series of joints or pivots, which allow the mount to be extended, tilted, and swiveled. This makes it easy to find the perfect angle for your TV, whether you're watching from the couch or the dining table.
How To Install An Articulating TV Wall Mount
An articulating TV mount can be installed in four easy steps. First, find the studs and drill your pilot holes and mount the wall plate to the wall. Then, locate the VESA holes on the back of your TV and connect the mount’s VESA plate to your TV. Next, hang the TV on the wall mount. As the last step, adjust the tilt and swivel angle of your TV and enjoy your new entertainment center! More details on installation are available on our installation page.
The Benefits of An Articulating TV Wall Mount
- Flexibility: One of the main benefits of an articulating TV wall mount is the flexibility it provides. With the ability to adjust the angle of the television, you can easily find the perfect viewing angle.
- Space saving: Mounting your TV on the wall can help to save space in your home, by not taking up any floor space. This can be especially beneficial if you have a small room or limited space.
- Better viewing experience: With the ability to adjust the angle of the television, an articulating wall mount can provide a more immersive viewing experience, especially if you're looking to create a home theater.
- Reduced glare: An articulating wall mount can also help to reduce glare on the television, which can be a problem in rooms with a lot of natural light.
- Safety: An articulating wall mount can also provide a safer option for your television, as it keeps the TV secure and stable on the wall.
When you should consider alternatives to a TV articulating wall mount
- If you have a fixed viewing position: If you have a fixed viewing position and you're not planning to move your TV around, a fixed wall mount could be just what you need.
- If you're on a tight budget: Articulating wall mounts can be more expensive than fixed TV mounts, so if you're on a tight budget, you might want to consider other options.
- If you're renting your home: If you're renting your home and you're not allowed to make any changes to the walls, look for a TV stand instead.
In conclusion, an articulating wall mount can be a great solution for those who want the flexibility and adjustability of a mount. Explore our extensive TV mounts collection and find the best TV solutions for your entertainment hub.