Dimensions of a 65 Inch TV
Ever wondered of the actual width and height of a 65 inch TV and whether it will fit in your room? Especially for large televisions it is good practice to take all your measurements and consider where and how to place it before making the purchase to avoid unwanted surprises. TV wall mounts and TV stands can offer the necessary flexibility and ensure you get the best possible viewing experience.
Actual Dimensions of a 65 Inch TV
The dimensions of a 65 inch TV can vary slightly depending on the specific model and brand, but a general estimate is around 57.2 inches (145.3 cm) wide by 32.7 inches (83.1 cm) tall. The depth of the TV can also vary, but it's typically between 2.4 inches (6.1 cm) and 3.5 inches (8.9 cm) deep. However, it's always best to check the specifications of a particular model to get the exact dimensions.
Dimensions of a TV Stand
With TV stands it is just like with TVs, the dimensions vary depending on the model you choose. At Mount-It!, you will find floor standing and table top TV stands. Some models offer height adjustment and swivel features, others extra shelves for your equipment. Always make sure the TV stand you are planning to purchase does not only fit in your room and has the features you desire, but is also compatible with the size and weight of your TV. The larger your TV, the heavier it will probably be. TV stands come in different shapes and materials and have different load capacities.
TV Mount Dimensions
There are many different types of TV mounts that vary in functionality as well as in size. The larger the TV you wish to mount to the wall or the ceiling, the more sturdy and robust the mounting solution will have to be. Aside from that, features like tilt, swivel and especially extension of the arm have a direct impact on the size of the mount. Before purchasing a TV mount, always ensure it is suitable to be installed on your wall whether it is drywall, brick or concrete.
Benefits of a TV Wall Mount Vs. TV Stand For 65 Inch TV
There are many different TV solutions for you to choose from. Let’s have a look at TV mounts vs. TV stands and what could be the best solution for a 65-inch TV:
- Space-saving: Wall-mounting a TV frees up valuable floor space that would otherwise be taken up by a bulky TV stand. This can be especially useful in smaller rooms where space is at a premium.
- Better viewing angles: When you mount your TV on the wall, you have more flexibility to adjust the viewing angle. You can position it at the optimal height and angle for the best viewing experience.
- Reduced glare: Mounting a TV on the wall can help reduce glare and reflections, especially if you position it in a spot where there's no direct sunlight or other light sources.
- Improved safety: If you have kids or pets in your home, a wall-mounted TV can be a safer option than a TV stand. With a TV stand, there's always a risk that someone could accidentally bump into it and knock it over, which could cause injury or damage to the TV.
- Aesthetics: Wall-mounted TVs can look sleek and stylish, especially if you choose a mount that's designed to be hidden or that complements your decor.
That being said, there are also some benefits to using a TV stand for a 65-inch TV:
- Portability: With a TV stand, you have the flexibility to move your TV around the room or even to a different room if needed. This can be useful if you like to rearrange your furniture or if you want to use your TV in different locations.
- Storage: Many TV stands come with shelves or drawers that provide additional storage space for your media devices, remotes, and other accessories.
- No wall damage: If you're renting your home or if you're not comfortable drilling holes in your walls, a TV stand may be a better option since it doesn't require any wall-mounting.
Ultimately, the decision to mount your 65-inch TV on the wall or use a TV stand comes down to personal preference, available space, and other factors like safety and aesthetics.
How Big Is Too Big To Mount?
The maximum TV size that can be mounted on a wall depends on several factors, such as the weight of the TV, the type of mount being used, the wall's strength, and the viewing distance.
Most wall mounts are designed to hold TVs ranging from 32 inches to 65 inches, and some mounts can handle larger TVs up to 90 inches. However, the weight of the TV should not exceed the weight capacity of the mount.
It's important to consult the manufacturer's specifications of both the TV and the wall mount to ensure they are compatible and can safely support the weight of the TV. Additionally, it's recommended to consult with a professional installer or contractor to ensure that the wall and mount can support the weight and size of the TV before mounting.